As the Consulting Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for the promotion and development of the Daikin products towards Consulting Engineers & Key Decision Makers. You will need to produce marketing & promotional plans for Daikin’s products in co-operation with the company’s Marketing Department. You approach the existing distribution network aiming at maintaining and developing it. Furthermore, you will discuss with consulting Engineers and key accounts their specific projects. You will follow-up the results of the implementation of the product strategies and you will be the link between the market and the product development department. You will also be expected to; ensure clients receive high quality sales response with detailed and accurate quotations, including availability, resulting from the generation of enquires, and ensure our customer base receives technical assistance and advice. You will have to meet customers when necessary to ensure both application and level of service given by the company is accurate and meets their requirements. Liaising with other departments within the company on matters relating to the sales activity, and to provide a technical overview for the benefit of the company is also a requirement.
You will be expected to ensure that clients receive high quality sales response with detailed and accurate quotations and ensure that our customer base receives technical assistance and advice.
You will have to meet customers when necessary to ensure both application and level of service given by the company is accurate and meets their requirements. Liaising with other departments within the company on matters relating to the sales activity and providing a technical overview for the benefit of the company is also a requirement.
Job Description / Main Duties Of The Job:
- Promote sales of air conditioning units distributed by the company to specifiers, end users, consulting Engineers, Key Decision makers, dealers, and trade users within your area of responsibility.
- Develop strong relationships with consulting Engineers, developers and owners and uphold the image and reputation of Daikin as the supplier of choice. • Develop and expand the client base within your area of responsibility.
- Produce quotations and specifications to meet the needs of clients.
- Liaise with other departments of the company in connection with the company's sales function within the designated area.
- Ensure that targets and objectives set are achieved.
- Contribute to increase market share by enhancing inquiry base (consulting engineers), by increasing spec-in numbers and define spec-in plan.
- Provide your branch manager with reports as requested in connection with the sales activity and performance within the designated area of responsibility.
- Liaise with all company departments and ensure a continuous line of information regarding your area of responsibilities is made available to all employees.
- Report to the company on a regular basis all necessary information to ensure close monitoring within your area of responsibility.
- Responsible for the promotion of HVAC products towards customers by creating promotion tools (seminars, printed/e-data material).
- Be aware of any relevant cost implications when making decisions concerning sales activity. DASA DSE / APRIL23
- Provide high-level product and application support (design support etc.) to the potential customers and provide seminars towards the consulting engineers and decision-makers in the commercial and industrial market segments.
- Discuss with consulting engineers and key accounts their projects’ specs.
- Further develop and establish the Daikin brand and strategically plan your approach to further develop the Consultants network and win market share.
- Consult with branch manager on defining strategy and implementation of the strategy for Consulting Sales.
- Ensure that all activities comply with the company’s ISO 14001 environmental management system.
Whilst this indicates your principal responsibilities you may from time to time and in accordance with the needs of the business be required to undertake other duties within your competence and capability.
Requirements / Profile:
This function would be most suitable for the consulting sales engineer with commercial aptitude. You are a team player, stimulated by new challenges, full of initiative, pro-active and always eager to grasp new opportunities. You should have excellent communication skills.
This function would be most suitable for a sales engineer with commercial aptitude. You are a team player, stimulated by new challenges, full of initiative, pro-active and always eager to grasp new opportunities. You should have excellent communication skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Mechanical Engineer Degree or Diploma / or relevant proven, track record.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the HVAC sector
- Extensive technical knowledge in HVAC
- Commercial aptitude
- Strong understanding and work exposure in the engineering and construction industry within the region
- Strong network of business contacts (consultants/developers/owners)
- SAP is an advantage
Detailed CV and cover letter to be submitted to Letitia van Rensburg at Human Resources Department via email at email@example.com.
Closing date of application is Friday 30th of July 2023.