Job Title: Marketing & Communications Manager
Reports to: Head of Marketing
Location: Cape Town
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To be responsible for developing and maintaining marketing strategies to meet agreed company objectives. To evaluate customer research, market conditions, and competitor data and implement marketing plan alterations as needed. To oversees all marketing, advertising and promotional staff and activities.
Responsible for planning, development and implementation of Daikin South Africa’s marketing and communication strategies - Both B2B and B2C. To evaluate customer research, market conditions, and competitor data, along with working closely with Sales Teams and Segment Heads, to deliver against business targets and strategies. To oversee all marketing, advertising and promotional activities both in the marketing strategy and across the general business.
ESSENTIAL JOB OBJECTIVES
- Develop marketing strategy in line with business objectives for South Africa and Export territories.
- Manage and co-ordinate marketing campaigns with sales activities.
- Collaboration of branch marketing strategy development with Branch Managers.
- Ensure that the marketing plan is in alignment with marketing budget.
- Creation and publication of all marketing material in line with marketing plans.
- Develop strategies to drive qualified leads through the Lead Management Process via digital channels, as well as all social media platforms.
- Planning and implementation of promotional campaigns.
- Overseeing the social media strategy, maintenance and development.
- Overseeing the digital marketing strategy and SEO strategy, maintenance and development.
- Manage online brand, product campaigns and improve lead generation to raise brand awareness.
- Improve the usability, design, content and conversion of the company website.
- Overall responsible for brand management and corporate identity.
- Evaluate customer research, market conditions and competitor data.
- Review new technologies and keep the company at the forefront of developments in digital marketing.
- Reporting both internally withing Daikin South Africa and abroad to Daikin Europe
- Create a wide range of different marketing materials for print and digital.
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing objectives.
- Budget management. To deliver all marketing activity within the agreed budget.
- To manage all aspects of print production, receipt and distribution.
- Frequent, timely and positive media coverage across all available media.
- To managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- To develop and implement a company-wide plan to push product, working with all departments for its execution.
- To analyse and develop potential strategic partner relationships for product lines.
- To ensure the ongoing development of the company’s dealer network.
- Planning and implementation of customer incentive trips.
- Key driver and implementation of the marketing rebates process within the customer network.
RELATIONSHIPS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To demonstrate the ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- To build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on delivery to customers, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments.
- Management and liaison of all external suppliers and agencies.
- Management of Leads and Marketing Co-ordinator.
- Strategic leader
- Excellent business sense
- Problem solver
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Digital savvy
- Presentation skills
- Financial management
- Organization and planning
- Strategic thinking
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Marketing, Digital Marketing related Degree or equivalent professional qualification.
- At least 2 to 5 years’ experience in Digital Marketing or Communications.
- In-depth knowledge of various social media platforms, best practices, and website analytics.
- Experience using graphic design software packages such as In Design, Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Ability to design sales and marketing materials such as catalogues, online banners and branded materials.
- Experience in all aspects of developing and managing marketing strategies.
- Proven experience in customer and market research.
- Relevant product and industry knowledge
- Project management experience
Aside from the fact that we are an industry leading global organization, we are ever evolving and growing to maintain our position as the global leader in HVAC, which means you get to shape your role and make your mark and have opportunities for your personal growth.
Our brand is synonymous with innovation and quality and you could be part of it too! Happy employees vouch for our inclusive and progressive company culture.
TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Email a detailed CV and cover letter to be submitted to Letitia van Rensburg at Human Resources Department via email at email@example.com
Closing date of application is 29th of September 2023.