Main Purpose of The Job:
As the Dealer Sales Engineer you will be responsible for the promotion of Daikin Air Conditioning products to dealers, consultants, and architects. You will provide high level product and application training to the Daikin customer base and provide seminars towards consultants and decision makers in all market segments. Furthermore, you will discuss specific projects with consultants and key accounts. You will be the link between the market and the product development department.
You will be expected to ensure that clients receive high quality sales response with detailed and accurate quotations and ensure that our customer base receives technical assistance and advice.
You will have to meet customers when necessary to ensure both application and level of service given by the company is accurate and meets their requirements. Liaising with other departments within the company on matters relating to the sales activity and providing a technical overview for the benefit of the company is also a requirement.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Promote sales of air conditioning units distributed by the company to specifiers, end users, consultants, dealers, and trade users within your area of responsibility.
- Develop and expand client base within your area of responsibility.
- Produce quotations and specifications to meet the needs of clients.
- Ensure that targets and objectives set are achieved.
- Provide your branch and sales manager with sales activity reports and performance as and when requested.
- Liaise with all company departments and ensure a continuous line of information regarding your area of responsibilities is made available to all employees.
- Report to the company on a regular basis all necessary information to ensure close monitoring within your area of responsibility.
- Regularly review the systems within your area of responsibility.
- Ensure that all activities comply with the company’s ISO 14001 environmental management system.
- Undertake any training deemed by the company to be necessary for the effective execution of your duties.
- Be aware of any relevant cost implications when making decisions concerning sales activity.
Education and/or Experience:
- Grade 12
- Mechanical Engineering degree/diploma
- At least 5 years’ experience in a sales environment
- Must have advanced computer literacy.
- SAP & CRM experience an advantage.
- Previous experience of working within a technical sales role would be advantageous as the role will require the successful candidate to develop a sound technical understanding of the Daikin products.
Detailed CV and cover letter to be submitted to Letitia van Rensburg at Human Resources Department via email at email@example.com.
Closing date of application is Friday 5th of May 2023.